Sermon Date: May 6th, 2018 Preacher: Ryan Fullerton Text: Ephesians 6:1-4
1. To parents, do you find yourself tired as a parent? Can you describe ways you’ve been discouraged as a parent lately?
2. In what ways have you been discouraged by your parenting lately? Ways you have provoked your children to anger? Do you as a parent regularly repent to your kids and seek their forgiveness when you sin against them?
3. Are there certain areas/ways that you have been tempted to believe that being faithful to the Lord in how you parent your children will guarantee that your children will be faithful to the Lord?
4. Parents, are there ways you’ve allowed your kids to dishonor you? Do your kids display honor for you in the way they speak to you? In how quickly they respond to you?
5. Children, in what ways have you disrespected or dishonored your parents this week? Are there ways you’re disrespecting them right now? In addition to obeying God, what does Ephesians 6:3 say about why you should honor your father and mother?
6. While Paul in Ephesians indicates that the responsibility to bring up children in the discipline and instruction of the Lord lies first with parents, we as a church also have a responsibility to care for the children and youth in the body. To the adults in the group, do you find it difficult to say hard things to kids and youth? To encourage them? Do you find it intimidating to give a correction to them or admonish them towards obedience to their parents?