Discipleship Seminars provide adults at Immanuel the opportunity to receive teaching from God’s Word in smaller, more interactive group settings from some of Immanuel’s gifted teachers on the most relevant subjects facing our people. The content of these seminars vary but revolve around these topics: evangelism, core Christian beliefs, hermeneutics, Biblical theology, apologetics, church history, and applied theology. The majority of our classes are on applied theology and aimed at helping believers grow in living out their faith in the common places of everyday life (like parenting, marriage, stewardship, Biblical counseling). The quality of this teaching is excellent, and our teachers work very hard to come to these Seminars well-prepared.
We are confident that these discipleship classes can play a significant role in your Christian maturity. We’re excited to learn together, think together, and seek the Lord together in all aspects of life.
Discipleship seminars are 5 hours each:
Friday 6:00-8:00 pm
Saturday 9:00am-12:00 pm
For those who RSVP, we provide childcare for children ages 0-3rd Grade.
November 9th & 10th
- Faithfulness in Every Season of Life — Ward Young
- Suffering, Trials, & the Providence of God — Jeff King & Doug Sturgeon
- Thankfulness, Bitterness, & the Providence of God: A Study in the Book of Ruth (Women Only) — Patti Withers
- Identity and the Advance of the Gospel — Andy Morris
- Introducing Immanuel — Donnie Isely & Jeff King
Instead of a two-part class over the course of the weekend, the following class will be offered in its entirety both Friday and Saturday. If you can only attend one day of the seminars, this is a great option!
- Living Life in the Fullness of the Spirit (Workshop) — Matthew Huested